Wednesday, April 8, 2009

BUNDLE OF JOY.....

He is 4 and half and goes to school. He says there are all small kids in his class. Ask him to recite the alphabets from A to Z and he will invariably give a couple of them a miss during the recital. Ask him to name shows he watches on cartoon network and he won’t miss a beat before answering all of them in a row.

He calls me big brother or dada .He is actually my cousin .Almost always prefers the company of elders rather then children his age .whenever he comes visiting my house he will first make a beeline for our refrigerator to have some almonds. Second stop is our store room where he just stares at the various assortments of bottles and jars my mom has stacked.

He will watch cartoon network till late into the night and then sleep with me in my bed.
Of course that’s not a problem till he wakes you up at odd timings in the middle of the night cause he has to do either shoo or shee….

This guy is a terror if he accompanies you anywhere. You better be prepared to answer all his questions, which come at the rate of about 100/sec ;) and by all I mean ALL. If you fail to answer back there a subtle and NOT so subtle hints dropped by this big guy.
This guy rarely takes no for an answer .Typical conversation between us ….

boin dada

Bol what happened?

Iam bored...Can you play with me?

No...

Why not?

Iam tired...

Why are you tired? You did not work since morning.

But I did go to work the whole week. So iam tired.

But today you have holiday. And if you continue sitting like this you will put on more weight

@$#%## you go and ask mama (my dad) he will play with you

No he is busy. You play with me.

Why don’t you go and watch cartoons?

No I want to play…

But iam tired .I want to rest.

But you did not work today, you must have some exercise.

Ok ill play with you ….

Once I was reading the Sunday newspaper while having breakfast with the family .There was some model's picture on the front page.
This big guy tells me "girls are bad… "

Huh?? Pray tell me why I ask him…

Because it seems they kiss boys and they remove their clothes …….. (Trails off)

Who told you this?

I know.

How you know? (I persist because by now everyone around the table is giving me nasty looks ….common folks I DID NOT TELL HIM)

I know I know (that’s all I can draw out from him)

Of course there is a much nicer side to this little big dodo…. I take him to the shopping centre D’mart (his favorite place currently) There he finds the prettiest girls around and tells them this is my big brother ….he is going to buy me that big truck because he has a very good job ….
The girls look at me, take him in their arms, Cuddle this cute little bundle of joy and flash me a smile ……what a bloody introduction. All the pick up lines in the world would fail but not this guys innocent babbling …..What a sweetheart he is …

1 comment:

Echoes said...

soooo sweeet... and not just the small baby but the big baby as well!!! hmmmm.. great 'practice' i must say!!!:P
btw.. very sweet post.. :)