Friday, November 21, 2008

My little sweetheart friend …..Pratiksha



Some days back I was talking to my dear friend on my cell phone when she suddenly said “I have to cut the call ...I will call you back in some time”. I said ok and she hung up. About ten minutes later when she called back again I asked her what happened she told me that she had cut the call because they wanted to say their family prayers. I asked her what prayers they recite to which she replied that her young daughter had led them in prayer by saying the Psalm91 .I then told my friend to ask her daughter if she could recite the prayer for me so that I could hear it .I was left stunned when this 9 year old kid who studies in the fourth grade, and has learnt this prayer by heart, recited this prayer very calmly and with great confidence from memory!!!!! I requested her to recite it again for me and while she was doing it recorded the prayer she was praying in my mobile. The psalm91 goes like this...
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation


When I thought and read carefully over these beautiful words from the holy bible the first thought that occurred to me was why do people need to read inspiration books when such and many many more inspirational and motivating quotes exists in the holy bible .Even people who are not Catholic can find great inspiration from just reading some verses from the Holy Bible. Personally I find the book “Ecclesiastes” in the Holy Bible very soothing to read. It has some outstanding poetry and very practical suggestions about how to go about ones life .
Now whenever I feel down I listen to my little friend’s sweet voice reciting this beautiful prayer calmly and confidently and I am filled with a sense of peace and draw comfort from her innocent voice which assures me that not all things are bad and that some things in this world are still so beautiful.
Thank you Pratiksha for this wonderful gift .May the Good Lord bless you abundantly keep you safe and ever smiling .May my mother, the most Holy Virgin Mother Mary, be with you always as you take your small faltering steps of your life . May you never, ever feel lonely because don’t forget, Your Guardian angel stands guard over you and is always there to watch over you as you sleep, play, study and go about your life so cheerfully.

No comments: